To ensure efficient, secure operation of LIVE, TEST and DEV systems and all user desktops; to provide maintenance, updates and enhancements as necessary or requested (including system backups and documentation). To provide technical support in troubleshooting and resolving system-level issues.
You will drive and be the key owner to the following responsibilities:
- Carries out basic Windows system tasks under supervision of senior team members.
- Installs, configures and maintains PC hardware and Windows desktop software.
- Ensures and assists Windows users in following corporate data backup and security procedures.
- Handles printer toner cartridge replacement, paper jams, etc. Maintains meeting room equipment including screen projector, meeting room Windows system and peripherals.
- Assists with conference/meeting audio-visual setup and operation.
- Creates and updates user accounts for email, Wiki, Cyberoam, Net2.
- Carries out advanced Linux and Windows system tasks independently.
- Follows documented team practices for carrying out common systems tasks and their ticketing and documentation using Wiki and other group productivity tools.
- Maintains technical currency and keeps abreast of emerging technologies by following relevant technical sites, blogs, books, etc.
- Shares new insights with the team. Assists and mentors junior staff as required.
- Able to carry out assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Able to switch between tasks as requested and to remain focused on the job without losing track of the progress
- Able to document activities and report on the progress
- Able to manage his/her own workspace, maintaining all working software/hardware tools in good order (up to date, secure, virus free, backed up, etc.
- Delivers within assigned time limits and according to Company’s standard.
- Delivers high quality (defect free) work that accurately meets requirement.
- Provides consistency and has attention to detail.
- Takes charge of responsibilities and makes the necessary decisions with the limits assigned him/her.
- Able to find new and innovative solutions, workable ideas and concepts.
- Able to design and implement enhancements to existing systems.
- Able to identify problems and translate them into practical solutions.
- Able to write and maintain system scripts, with particular attention to security, performance and robustness.
- Able to debug, test and troubleshoot system hardware and software, both locally and remotely.
- Able to write technical documentation related to own area of responsibility (system services, etc.) and to keep it up to date.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to organize thoughts to pass the message across in an effective and efficient way and to listen to and understand others.
- Is a cooperative team player, willing to associate with others for mutual benefit and is dependable.
- Able and willing to participate in company meetings, contribute own ideas and opinions, share views and accept decisions made with other members.
- Copes with pressure and extended periods of high work load and remains calm under adverse circumstances.